On Saturday, December 12, 2009, the Museum welcomed its young guests for a program designed for children: “Getting to Know Hungary.” Children ages 5-11 were among our visitors, with older and younger siblings invited to tag along.
1. Getting to Know Hungary: a brief introductory power point presentation with pictures and facts
2. Mézeskalács cookie decorating
3. Hungarian Christmas card making
4. Hungarian huszár craft.
5. Map and Concentration games
6. Members of Girl Scout Troop 34 visited the Museum. “Kántálás” is an old custom in the villages where children went from house to house singing Christmas songs while collecting small donations.